Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oh, how I wish I could cheat...



Ok, first off, let's make something clear. When I say "how I wish I could cheat", I am NOT talking about cheating on my wife.

So now that we've gotten that cleared away, let me tell you what I am talking about. I will just come out with what many don't have the courage to say. Sometimes you wish you could cut some corners and do things the faster, easier way. For example, if you want to lose weight, would you rather spend hours in the gym and on top of that have to sacrifice delicious foods that you love? Or would you like to take some miracle pill that promises to help you drop 10 pounds or more in one week (albeit destroying your body too, but that's not the point) without any exercise or change or diet? Of course you would rather the quick way! Even though the quick way is not always best.

So that is what I mean. Sometimes I wish there was a quicker way to do things. I wish there was a faster way to get to the goal. I wish I could even cut some corners to make things happen. But I can't, and I won't.

That is just a decision that I have made. I will not cut corners and I will not cheat. The hard, painful, and even sometimes longer way is the more certain and longer lasting way. I prefer to feel the pain for a while, then to enjoy the victory that has been achieved with cheating.

But I must admit, it is hard. Our heart plays tricks on us and says you can find a faster way to do this, you can say this instead of that and avoid problems, you can hold back this and have a little more for yourself, you know you do have a choice... And the list goes on and on. That's why we can't live by what we feel, we must think and then act. We must make firm decisions that are right and good, even if they hurt, and stick to them.

So no matter how much I want to cheat sometimes, I will not. And you should not. Don't cut corners, the hard road is the most rewarding.

4 comments:

  1. I really like this post Pastor!! :) and i completely agree with you, yes it's very easy to cut corners and to find easy way out of things but that doesn't guarantee us the success!! and that can be more trouble than reward in the long run!! So even though it's quite hard to not cheat***it's the right way to go about things! :-) if you gonna fail on something at least you do it with honest by not cheating!! So thanks for this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I spend all my time studying this math lesson, that I couldn't understand, and since I am homeschool, it makes it harder. However, it all became worth it when the quiz came and I got 100% on that quiz. I was relieved and happy about it. Now imagine, even more when in life we decide to work the hard way, and achieve without cheating?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Jesus, the Son of God the most High had to go through it the hard way, then how much more do we? Its not easy and even the things that seem small can be hard to a challenge, but its the only way, and something that I personally must keep in mind and act upon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Bruna, things are much more appreciated when we work hard for something and accomplish it. It is way more rewarding than getting anything the easy way ( cheating)

    ReplyDelete