Friday, June 15, 2012

Different Countries, Same Personalities


In the last two weeks I had the opportunity to travel to 3 countries that I have never been to.

It wasn't a vacation, but to hold events to help the young people of those countries. The events really went great, but that is not what I want to talk about right now. What I wanna talk about is the people I met.

In most of those countries I came in contact and in some cases even ate with and stayed with people who I do not know at all. But they are apart of the same organization that I am a part of. And the funny thing is, that in every place, they were different people, different nationalities, different ages, but all showed the same love, care and friendliness. I mean, I truly met some of the friendliest, most welcoming people I have ever known.

So what is my point exactly???

The point is, what if I had gone there with a judgmental attitude like, these people don't know me, so I will not be nice to them? Or I will not speak much, because I don't know what they like. I would have missed an opportunity to gain new relationships that may last a lifetime.

So the moral is, do not judge people just because you don't know them. Or you are from a different city, state or country. Give everyone a fair chance, and you will meet some truly great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment