Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The day I almost got raped.



A lot of you may read the title of this post and say, "no way, a guy could never get raped". We'll, it depends on how you look at it. Rape is when someone makes you have sex against your own will, isn't it? So technically I did almost get raped. But that's not the reason why I'm sharing this. Read on, and you will better understand...

This experience happened years ago. I'm thinking somewhere between 10-14 yrs ago. I was still a teenager, and I was in the process of changing my life. Grant it, I was still a long way from totally changing, but I was trying.

By this time, I had already stopped smoking weed, I wasn't drinking anymore, I wasn't hanging out on the corners selling drugs, I wasn't even going out to parties. I was basically working and going to church almost everyday. Of course I would go to the mall, or catch a movie on the weekend, but that was about it. Oh, and I still liked getting girls phone numbers and calling them to flirt. This is were the problem started. This is what lead to the day that I almost got raped.

So one day, I don't remember if I was off work or headed there. But I think I was off. I decided to go to a mall and eat something. Whilst on my way, I passed by a girl that I thought was pretty. I didn't talk to her straight away, but on my way back into the train station I saw her again. So me being the playboy (remember I was still trying to change, not completely changed) that I thought I was, I walked past her, played it cool and glanced at her to see if she was checking me out. To no surprise, she was. So I walked back over to her, started dropping my lines on her, and got her number. I actually ended up taking the same train as her, and so we talked the whole train ride.

We ended up setting up a date the next day and I went out to a restaurant with her. Of course I had to do something different than other guys my age, so I went to a real restaurant, not just your typical McDonald's. So after I walked her home that night, we talked and kissed, but not much more than that. We didn't enter the real temperature danger zone yet (nothing got too hot). But I went to see her two or three more times at her house. All of those times, no one was home. That is the recipe for disaster.

Now bear in mind that even though I hadn't changed to the point of not flirting with girls, I had changed to the point of not having sex with any. So I was never intending on having sex. But the third or fourth time that I went to her house, that rule of flirting but not going all the way would be tested. You can say, the temperature reached critical levels... And saying no, became next to impossible!...


I'll tell you the rest of the story on Fridays post.





1 comment:

  1. ....I really Dislike, how in every youth service, your blogs and even in your book you do this " Cliffhanger " type of thing. It drives me crazy. -Adam

    ReplyDelete