Thursday, November 24, 2011

How I used to celebrate Thanksgiving


I woke up today thinking about how I used to celebrate Thanksgiving. Actually, how I used to celebrate any holiday or special occasion.

I basically would use it as another excuse to get wasted. I would smoke as much weed as I could, and drink till I threw up. And that was what I was considering fun.

Oh, how things have changed.

Today, I find myself surrounded by positive people. Not needing to intoxicate my mind in order to have fun. Not needing to run from problems and try to squeeze one or two simple things to be thankful for. Today, I am truly happy. And that is a big change from what I used to feel.

But you know why? Because one day about 12 or 13 years ago; I decided I didn't want the life I was living anymore. I decided, I had had enough of the strip clubs, parties, Crown Royals, blunts, and crazy girls. I wanted more than that. I wanted to be happy! And I knew I had to change me, if that would ever be possible. So I set out on a mission to better myself.

I stopped hanging out at certain places. I stopped talking to certain people. I stopped being influenced by certain things. I began to change the way I thought. I stopped thinking it was cool to be high all the time. I started wanting to make decisions on a sober mind. And these choices changed my life.

Today, I have a heck of a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment