Friday, February 24, 2012

You can't make 'em drink.. (they gotta want it part 2)


The last post I wrote was about how people have to want help to receive help.

We'll, it seemed to really stir up some thoughts in many peoples minds. I even think that some feel it's a bit of a harsh approach to just take your hands off of people and let them live their life.

I think we really have to look at an age old saying to really get the point across... So... O.K...
here it goes...
"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink".

There you have it. Not complicated. Not extravagant. Just simple and plain.

Those who deal with horses realize that you can try all day to force the horse to drink, but you are just not strong enough to force him. If he wants, he will drink, if he doesn't... well... he won't. And the same applies to people. If they WANT help, they will accept it, but if they don't want it, no matter how hard you push, they will not accept it. And that is the reality that I have had to face recently.

Trust me, if there was a way to force people to accept help, I would use it! But there is no way. All you can do is give it your best shot. Use all the skills and knowledge that you have, and the rest is beyond your power.

Just think about it, the most influential person that ever lived, Jesus, couldn't get everyone to listen to Him or accept His guidance. So what about me and you.

Let's never give up on trying to help people... But let's remember another age old saying...
Ready... O.K... here it goes...

"You can't win 'em all".


3 comments:

  1. Pastor Damien, first man, I was going to post a comment for the other one and at the point I was going to post it up, my labtop lost the signal, so my comment was not able to post up which is funny, the devil is tied up and binded up and destroyed IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AMEN. Yeah and you are right Pastor Damien, we can't win them all of force them to drink, but yeah we just got to continue to do it and trying, and GOD WLL TAKE CARE OF THE REST, IF NOT TODAY, TOMORROW, BUT SOON THEM YOUTHS AND PEOPLE LIKE PAUL DETERMINED IN JESUS NAME WHEN HE WAS TALKING TO king agrippa, THAT THEY WOULD ALL SOON FIND GOD AND GIVE THEIR ALL TO HIM IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND I DETERMINE THAT RIGHTNOW, AMEN. Thanks for sharing this man, and keep it up Pastor Damien, because THANK GOD through you, GOD WAS ABLE TO REACH OUT TO ME MAN WITH ALL THAT YOU WENT THROUGH AND GOD CHANGED YOUR LIFE MAN, SO KEEP IT UP MAN! GOD IS WITH YOU AND LET'S CONTINUE THE FIGHT MAN! FIRME CON EL SENOR JESUS!

    Danny Martines

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to get this message across for not only me, but for my friend. This person doesn't understand that you can't keep fighting for someone who keeps saying no to help.
    But what can I do, just let God show this person that they can't force help on others.
    I'm thankful for this message! It changed my perspective of the idea that we can help everyone, but in reality, some will want it, others don't. And those that don't want help, well. Have patience and just let them go.
    It's beyond our hands.
    We need to move on and learn that, we can't stop our life for someone, when their is many to save and give the help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true like people get mad at me cause maybe i don't take anybody to some place i do offer help they don't except it. but now i know i can't give up on trying. thankyou pastor damien. stefani simeon ypg florida pompano beach.

    ReplyDelete